Tuesday, September 18, 2012

teacher needed

IMG_3136

As I mentioned recently, we have been praying through what school will look like next year for our kids.  (Seasons are flip flopped here below the equator, so we're currently only a few months away from summer.)  After almost two long years of ridiculous amounts of homework and quizzes and the accompanying stress, we believe that we are ready to have a few of our kids homeschooled.  The only problem?  I know that I am not capable of teaching them at this point.  (I am actually finally willing to do it, but it is obvious that it's not a responsibility that I can take on alone right now.)

That's where I hoping that those of you reading this blog can help us.  We are currently looking for a teacher willing to come down and homeschool our boys. It's a big request, I know, but it's an important one.  We really don't feel peaceful about our boys continuing in school here, so I am praying that somewhere in the States there is someone who will feel called to help us.  We would need this person around March of next year.  That is when the school year starts here and since our girls will be following that schedule we think it's best to keep the boys on the same schedule.  It would only be a 9 month commitment.  Since we travel back to the States in July, this person would also have a month off during that time to do as he/she likes.  The boys will be in 4th and 2nd grade.  We honestly haven't worked out much more than that because we're new to this homeschool world.  We do know that it will be an unforgettable experience in both wonderful and hard ways.  That is the beauty of living in a foreign country. 

If you know anyone who would be interested, would you please pass this information along?  And for anyone interested, would you please email me at bsgoodfellow at gmail dot com.  I would love to answer any questions and connect further with anyone that would consider homeschooling our boys.  I know that it would be a huge step for someone to move to Peru and help us, but I believe that it would be an amazing experience for everyone involved.  Thank you all, in advance, for passing on the word about our need.  And many thanks to anyone who takes the time to consider if this is the job for you.

No comments: